Information Collection and How it is used
- longislandleisure.com collects personal information when you register with us to use our services or to post content on longislandleisure.com
- When you register we ask for your name and e-mail address
- For certain products we offer, such as enhanced email accounts, we will ask for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- longislandleisure.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie and the page you request.
- longislandleisure.com uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with longislandleisure.com.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting longislandleisure.com from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not voting for themselves or friends during contests or promotions.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use longislandleisure.com products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of the longislandleisure.com service.
- longislandleisure.com uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you “sign in”.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our services.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on longislandleisure.com
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Longislandleisure.com content and services.
- Longislandleisure.com lets other companies (such as Google) that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When you post a message, your Longislandleisure.com ID or alias that you are posting under is visible to other users.
- Longislandleisure.com does not rent or sell your personal information. However, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Generally, Longislandleisure.com does not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent except to provide products or services you’ve requested and in the following circumstances:
- Longislandleisure.com may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders or legal process or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- NO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WILL EVER BE USED WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.
- Longislandleisure.com displays targeted advertisements based on information that is exhibited in people’s profiles.
Editing and Deleting Account Information & Security
- You can change your Longislandleisure.com Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Longislandleisure.com service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your Longislandleisure.com account.
- You can delete your Longislandleisure.com account at any time from your account page; however, please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in Longislandleisure.com’s records for some period.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your Longislandleisure.com Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, Longislandleisure.com uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Longislandleisure.com may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your Longislandleisure.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions please use you the help form or you can contact us at:
Long Island Leisure, LLC
23 Marilyn Court – Suite A
Attn: Customer Service
West Babylon, New York 11704